Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Aero/Astro’s work on diversity, equity & inclusion is underway. In July 2020 we started an Aero/Astro diversity and inclusion committee to begin researching, thinking, and collaborating to forge a new pathway forward.
Like our efforts on this important topic, this web site is a work in progress.
Comments? Questions? Suggestions? We'd love to hear from you!
Current Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts in our Research Labs:
Stanford Autonomous Systems Lab DEI initiatives:
- Women in Aerospace Symposium organization
- hosting students from the Summer Undergraduate Research (SURF) program
- organizing projects for the AI4ALL program
- placing HCBU students at Stanford and at other peer institutions through the NASA ULI center: https://sites.google.com/view/nasa-safe-aviation-autonomy/home
- placing underrepresented students from University of New Mexico at Stanford and at other peer institutions through the NASA ULI center
Stanford Plasma Dynamics Modeling Laboratory DEI initiatives:
- hosting students from the Summer Undergraduate Research (SURF) program. Student hosted in 2020, Annika Thomas.
Other Diversity & Inclusion Committees at Stanford
- Biosciences Commitment to Justice & Action (new 8/14/20)
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Chair: Prof. Moses Charikar
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Stanford Medicine Diversity & Inclusion (new 8/14/20)
- Stanford Medicine Diversity Cabinet (new 8/14/20)
- Founding Chair: Prof. Risa Wechsler