Industrial Affiliates Program
The Industrial Affiliates program for the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University was established in 1959 to foster research collaborations between the Department and the aerospace industry. The Program's Annual Meeting has been held, without interruptions, since the Spring of 1960.
Benefits of Affiliates Membership
Members in the Aeronautics and Astronautics Industrial Affiliates Program receive the following benefits:
- Participation in annual technical meeting
- An annual, one-day meeting where state-of-the-art research is presented by students and faculty in the department, with opportunities for interaction and lab visits.
- Direct contact with faculty
- A faculty member with appropriate technical interests serves as the affiliate's point of contact within the department. Affiliate companies may contact faculty members for further consultation, discussions and to arrange visits to the affiliate's site. The purpose of these visits is to make technical presentations of the Program’s research results. The site presentations and all information, data and results arising from such visitation interactions will be shared with all members and the public.
- Dissemination of technical information
- Members have online access to all research and poster presentations that take place during the annual meeting.
- Exchange of visitors
- Opportunities for members to send Visiting Scholars under the University's policies to work in the department's research facilities.
- Interaction with industry representatives from other member companies
- Opportunities to meet with senior representatives of other affiliate companies.
- Contact with graduate students
- Affiliates can meet with graduate research students during campus visits and discuss potential job opportunities for them for summer internships or full-time employment.
- The Aeronautics and Astronautics Industrial Affiliates Program Researchers will use and develop open-source software, and it is the intention of all Aeronautics and Astronautics Industrial Affiliates Program Program researchers that any software released will be released under an open source model, such as BSD. The Program is open to all Stanford faculty who share this goal.
Membership in the A/A Industrial Affiliates Program is renewed on a yearly basis. Yearly membership fees are determined by company size based on the following sliding scale:
|Number of Employees||Yearly Membership Fee|
|50 – 250 Employees||$15,000|
|251 – 500 Employees||$20,000|
Professor Marco Pavone, Industrial Affiliates Program Director
Renee Quiroz, Administrative Contact
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Durand Building, 496 Lomita Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-4035