Aeronautics and Astronautics Community Research Experience (AACRE)
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENTS
Stanford Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics offers a 10-week summer research program (June 21 to Aug 27) that provides community college students with an opportunity to explore careers in research. Students gain an experience that will help strengthen their knowledge, skills and understanding of research methodologies as well as graduate school.
This year we will run a fully remote program with students paired with a faculty mentor at one of research labs. Students can expect to perform research heavily involving computational analysis, modeling, simulation, and/or literature review.
Students work on a research project under the guidance and mentorship of a faculty member and graduate student or post-doctoral mentor. In addition to research, students will participate in bi-weekly research seminars, professional development workshops, and a variety of social activities. Students will be required to present their research results at their research group meeting, a final research symposium in August 2021. The goal of Aeronautics and Astronautics Community Research Experience (AACRE) Fellows Program is to provide a unique summer experience that encourages students to pursue graduate studies in engineering.
- Virtual research experience
- Faculty/peer mentoring
- Professional development
- Networking opportunities
- Flexible time commitment & scheduling (up to 40 hours/week)
- Pay rate: $25/hour
- Loaner research equipment as needed
- Students interested in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines.
- Must be a current enrolled community college student during the summer of 2021 (i.e. graduation date in Dec. 2021 or later)
- Be legally eligible for employment in the USA
- Students from underrepresented groups, including women, persons with disabilities, veterans, and first-generation students are strongly encouraged to apply
Open for applications! Fill out the online form: http://bit.ly/StanfordAACRE
(With a personal statement & upload unofficial transcript)
Application QR code: