Community Research Fellows Program
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENTS
Stanford Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics offers a 10-week summer research fellows program (June 21 to Aug 27) that provides community college students with an opportunity to explore careers in research. Students gain an experience that will help strengthen their knowledge, skills and understanding of research methodologies as well as graduate school.
This year we will run a fully remote program with students paired with a faculty mentor at one of research labs. Students can expect to perform research heavily involving computational analysis, modeling, simulation, and/or literature review.
Students work on a research project under the guidance and mentorship of a faculty member and graduate student or post-doctoral mentor. In addition to research, students will participate in bi-weekly research seminars, professional development workshops, and a variety of social activities. Students will be required to present their research results at their research group meeting, a final research symposium in August 2021. The goal of Community Research Fellows Program is to provide a unique summer experience that encourages students to pursue graduate studies in engineering.
- Virtual research experience
- Faculty/peer mentoring
- Professional development
- Networking opportunities
- $10,000 stipend
- Loaner research equipment as needed
- Students interested in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines.
- Must be a current enrolled community college student during the summer of 2021 (i.e. graduation date in Dec. 2021 or later)
- Be legally eligible for employment in the USA
- Students from underrepresented minority groups, women, persons with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply